Sunday, July 6, 2014

It's About Time

 Today Marissa and I paid a visit to The Devil Stream. Well if you guys have been following Marissa has caught two so far and me on the other hand; I've caught nothing. So I thought I would give it another try today.

Well I thought since everyone's been using worms. So I thought that I would tie some San Juan Worms and see if I could catch anything. But like always I couldn't catch shit. I tried everything again. Dry flies, nymphs, wet flies, and San Juan Worms.

So while I was trying to get a fish on a fly Marissa was reeling in some more fish right next to me. She caught herself a small mouth. I didn't think anything of it. I was to focused on catching a trout. So I fished for hours and caught nothing. Then I heard Marissa yelling "Tyler come here!" She saw a pretty nice sized trout rising. So I tied on a dry fly and try to catch it. But he must have not wanted it. Marissa got tired of fishing and decided to try and find some craw fish.

So after trying for hours I decided to do some crazy. I tied on a panfish popper. After a couple cast I thought I was just screwing around. But then out of nowhere I got a hit. Then another. I thought "There's no way they're going after a panfish fly." Well I moved upstream a little then finally. "Fish on!" I got one on. I got myself a small mouth out of The Devil Stream. One of those "Demon" fish that I have been after for a week. Well after that I had to keep fishing. I fished for another half hour then "BAM!" Another small mouth on the fly. So I was pretty happy. Marissa caught a small mouth, and I caught two small mouth. So check that one off the list. To catch a fish out of The Devil Stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment